- 7:00 pm - 8:45 pm
- Our Mother of Confidence Sanctuary
3131 Governor Dr.
San Diego, California 92122
As we enter our summer quarter we will finish the last book of the Johannine canon, Revelation, and then we will move on to the final book of the Torah, Deuteronomy.
Deuteronomy receives its English title from a Greek mistranslation of the Hebrew “repetition of the Law” or “second Law.” Like the Book of Numbers, the actual Hebrew title better reflects Deuteronomy’s content and character: ‘elleh haddebarim, “These are the words”; or more simply, debarim, “words.” Drawing on the first words of Deuteronomy 1:1, the title offers more than a simple description of the book’s contents; it offers a striking insight into the character of Moses himself and into the nature of God’s covenant relationship with the Israelites.
By the end of the summer quarter we will have reached two important milestones: 1) we will have finished our verse-be-verse study of the entire Torah, Genesis through Deuteronomy; and 2) we will have finished our verse-by-verse study of all four Gospels, plus the Acts of the Apostles, as well as 1, 2, 3 John and Revelation (the entire Johannine canon)!
With the fall quarter we will move on to the conquest of the Promised Land: Joshua, Judges and Ruth (a FABULOUS set of stories)!
Have questions about Tuesday Evenings: Our Mother of Confidence – Revelation continued/Deuteronomy? Contact Logos Bible Study
• 14 June… Spring vacation, no classes.
• 21 June…. Summer quarter begins. Continue Revelation.
• 5 July no class.
• 12 July complete Revelation.
• 19 July begin Deuteronomy – end Deuteronomy 30 August .
• 6 September… Summer vacation, no class.
• 13 September… Fall quarter begins. Begin Joshua, Judges, Ruth.
• 18 & 25 October, 1 & 22 November, 20 & 27 December, 3 January… no classes.